Friday, August 17, 2012

Yoohoo!

Hi everyone!

Ohh yes, its has really been a while since I've started blogging, but since I will be having a short holiday before resuming the remainder of my 2nd internship, I guess I can while the time away updating my blog.

How am I? Well, lots of things happened over the past 1 year. It's been quite a ride, but I loved every single minute of it. I guess joining the working world makes you realise how fortunate you are to be a student. I made a little vow to myself to enjoy every second of my final year, and to pursue the things I have always set out to do. In short, just live the dream.

I'm going to post another update later tonight, but for the moment, lets just talk about what i was up to for the past one year.

I finally understood what my seniors said when the claimed 2nd year was tough. Indeed, it really was. Challenging assignments, unpredictable exams, it has all the ingredients necessary for a roller coaster ride. But that one year really thought me a great deal. For starters, the university keeps changing and evolving, people come and go, and all that we can do is to just adapt, change, and live.

I have always valued my friendships, but I must say I value it even more than this. I have made lots of news friends for the past 1 year, and they are really good people - people who would be there when you need them for support, or just a listening ear. I am truly indebted to them, and I will try to help out to the best of my abilities. Speaking of which, It feels as if I have been under performing, perhaps due to the commitments that I have, so much so that I struggled managing them. It really took a toll on me, but as I reflected, I think it comes to not setting my priorities straight, and for that, I'm going to change and to focus of the causes that matter and for which I'm passionate about. I really want to make the 3rd an unforgettable year, with lots of sweet memories and all. Come to think about it, I don't want to leave. I love my university so much, I don't want to let go. It has that "charm" that pulls you in, and you get enchanted by it all. :(

And so there some milestones. I got myself into the student council, and had lots of good times and some trying ones as well. I'll definitely take stock of how I performed and hopefully, do even better in my future undertakings. :)

Oh, and I was 2nd runners up for the inter-varsity public speaking competition 2011! It was a really unexpected result, but I was deservedly beaten by 2 very capable speakers. Hats off to them. :)

Other than that, it was studies and hanging out with friends. Overall, a good 2012 so far.

I'm currently working, as I mentioned a little earlier, but its just an internship. Its an accounting firm, and I had the privilege (?) of transferring to their corporate finance department from tax. Everything's okay so far, learning things as I go along and establishing rapport with everyone i meet.

Anyway, this pretty much sums up what I did for the past 1 year or so. Till the next post, I shall post a quote for your kind reflection. ;)

"Learning ... should be a joy and full of excitement. It is life's greatest adventure; it is an illustrated excursion into the minds of noble and learned men, not a conducted tour through a jail" - Taylor Caldwell

That's all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment